The Management Committee, Captains and Senior Staff held an emergency meeting last night to discuss our immediate response and future potential actions as the Coronavirus epidemic develops.
Following guidelines received from the PGA, R&A, GCMA, BIGGA, and further updates yesterday from the Cumbria Union of Golf Clubs and England Golf, with immediate effect:-
- The course remains open for social golf
- All club competitions, matches and opens are suspended until 5th May, with a review at the end of April.
- Clubhouse bar and catering facilities are currently available, however this will be reviewed on a daily basis.
- All Club functions and external bookings are cancelled
- In the Clubhouse, Locker Rooms, Shop and on the Course, you must maintain a distance of at least 2 metres from other members, visitors or staff (PHE guidelines)
Unfortunately this means the Spring Open Team event scheduled for 24th April will not be taking place. We will endeavour to re-schedule this for later in the year. To receive your refunded entry fee please e-mail your bank details to: firstname.lastname@example.org stating your name(s) and your tee time.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused in what are extremely challenging times globally and nationally..
Please note we are still OPEN and delighted to welcome visitors to Carlisle Golf Club for social golf.
On the course :-
- all water fountains are switched off
- ball washers have been removed
- the shoe cleaners have been turned off
- rakes have been removed from bunkers, the Greens Staff will rake them as often as possible
- do not remove flags on the green, leave them in the hole
- retrieve your ball from the hole with your gloved hand
- the halfway house will remain closed
- do not swap score cards
- do not shake hands
- walk at least 2 metres apart
Enjoy your golf.
Updated 19th March 2020