The Management Committee, Captains and Senior Staff held an emergency meeting last night to discuss our immediate response and future potential actions as the Coronavirus epidemic develops.
Following guidelines received from the PGA, R&A, GCMA, BIGGA, and further updates yesterday from the Cumbria Union of Golf Clubs and England Golf, with immediate effect:-
- The course remains open for social golf
- All club competitions, matches and opens are suspended until 5th May, with a review at the end of April. This includes the Captains drive ins which will be rescheduled later in the year.
- Clubhouse bar and catering facilities are currently available, however this will be reviewed on a daily basis.
- All Club functions and external bookings are cancelled
- In the Clubhouse, Locker Rooms, Shop and on the Course, you must maintain a distance of at least 2 metres from other members, visitors or staff (PHE guidelines)
Please note that on the course :-
- all water fountains are switched off
- ball washers have been removed
- the shoe cleaners have been turned off
- rakes have been removed from bunkers, the Greens Staff will rake them as often as possible
- do not remove flags on the green, leave them in the hole
- retrieve your ball from the hole with your gloved hand
- the halfway house will remain closed
- do not swap score cards
- do not shake hands
- walk at least 2 metres apart
Enjoy your golf.
In the clubhouse:-
- wash hands regularly
- use the hand sanitisers sited at every entrance
- the snooker table is out of action
- do not move the furniture
- showers are out of action
- members are to remove clubs from the locker rooms and change shoes in the car park
We will shortly be circulating the club’s action plan which shows a guideline for the steps that will be taken as the situation develops.
Our main focus is that our members stay healthy and safe, whilst still being able to enjoy a game of golf.
As ever we are grateful for your flexibility and support in what are extremely challenging times globally and nationally.
Updated 19th March 2020